When you lose a loved one, you will have many details to take care of. While grieving, you will also be tasked with taking care of formalities such as funerals. In this tough period, writing memorial programs will seem like a daunting proposition. With this write-up, we are trying to make such a tough aspect a little easier for you. We will share with you a basic memorial program template that will make the task of writing a memorial program an easier task for you.
What are Memorial Programs:
Memorial Programs are an essential part of any funeral announcements. They are material handed out to the people who attend a funeral. These programs are sometimes written by the funeral directors and are chargeable.
In most cases, though, families or close friends may plan on writing the programs on their own. There are a couple of reasons for this. Families may feel closer to the deceased. It helps them with their grieving process. Also, it adds a personal touch to the funeral preparations.
By following a simple memorial program template, you can ensure that you have a well-written memorial program at hand.
What information will I need when planning a funeral program:
Any funeral announcements or celebration of life invitations will have the following information:
- Full name of the deceased, along with a maiden name if applicable.
- Date and time of birth and death.
- Names of immediate family members.
- Details of the funeral such as date, time, and venue.
- Name of the person who will be delivering the eulogy.
- Details of the pallbearers and the officiant.
- Details of any songs and music that will be played at the venue.
Besides, you can also add optional information, such as:
- Photographs of the deceased at different stages of their life.
- A short write-up about their personal and professional achievement and awards.
- Notes and anecdotes from near and dear ones etc.
How do I plan and write the celebration of life invitation:
A few steps planned carefully will help you write the perfect memorial program:
1. Sit with your family and near and dear ones and chalk out what aspects you wish to include in the program.
2. Take help from everyone to collect all the information that needs to be included in the celebration of life invitation.
3. It is always good to set a deadline to gather details so that you have the information handy and ready to be printed.
4. The next step is obviously to find someone who can print the program for you. You can probably do it on your own if you have a printer. But it can be overwhelming to burden yourself, especially when you are grieving.
5. You can always turn to the internet to get the job done without moving from your house. Many websites specialize in printing Memorial Programs.
6. Look out for a website with good reviews that do Memorial Programs regularly.
7. Select your layout, font, text, and pictures and submit the details to your website.
8. The website will get everything ready and deliver as per your requirements.
The death of a loved one is a tough situation, and the grieving process can be overwhelming. With our easy to follow memorial program template, you will find the process of writing a memorial program a relatively easy task.
Leave a Reply