JUNE 20th PROGRESS
I read a total of 83 pages today
Am reading Crown of Vengeance
I escaped a wildfire! When I did try to read it was SO warm I kept falling asleep despite the fact the cat kept trying to wake me up. Then my mother and daughter call me in panic because I was not online. My e-mail was blowing up because I took the day off yesterday to get stuff done and was not online this morning. Then I started procrastinating and ummm ended up having 3-hour phone call to Shannon Mayer this morning. When I finally decided I had enough, I left the phone inside, changing my voice mail to tell people I was alive but reading ALONE (I wanna be a HERMIT, A HERMIT!) What is so freaking funny is I slathered up in bug spray, lit three Tiki torches full of Citronella oil and sat down to read. Thinking quite mistakenly I would stay awake outside. I feel asleep…. FOR THREE HOURS. I am now covered in bug bites, the torches ran out and so did the bug spray apparently!! So ya I had EPIC fail, but I have four more days, right?
JUNE 21st PROGRESS
I read 27 pages in Crown of Vengeance and 173 pages in Dreamwaker =for a total of 200 pages (Oh COOL)
I remembered a review due for a book tour next Thursday so I figured I could whip the reading out rather quickly and I am halfway through it so I was right! I am crappy at covers so the COVER LOVER challenge I bailed on.
I did the Wicked Title Trouble over at Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf. I had a frustrating day today, a lot of people dinging me wanting my help with things, or advice and I ended up getting all weepy and emotional and even though I made a KILLER sandwich on the grill for Breakfast, I still did not get done the reading I wanted too, especially in Crown of Vengeance!
The Twitter Party @ 4PM EST #WWReadathon was a blast today and there will be another one on Saturday but @ 8PM EST
JUNE 22nd PROGRESS
I read a total of 354 pages today and though I steered away from my EPIC goal, I finished one book, one short story for my Sunday Shorts AND hooked up with a new Author from Alaska! I did make it to another section of Crown of Vengeance and am REALLY enjoying the book!. Tomorrow is going to be interesting because I am doing this PLUS the #Blogathon2!
Am Reading Crown of Vengeance (51) and finished Dreamwalker (271) and finished my Sunday Shorts book The Bear (32 pages)
MY GRAND TOTAL THUS FAR IS =637
JUNE 23rd PROGRESS
I read a total of –pages today
NO GLASSES NO READING
MY GRAND TOTAL THUS FAR IS =637
JUNE 24th END OF DAY
I read a total of 246 pages today
I read Crown of Vengeance and read for two hours with 142 pages read
Read three short stories of 22, 39 and 43 pages
MY GRAND = 883
A PHOTO IS WORTH ALMOST A 1000 PAGES!
JUNE 20th CHALLENGES
8AM Wednesday – 8AM Thursday | Something Wicked This Way Comes…
from Rebecca @ Kindle Fever
As an Alaskan Wildfire survivor, and as you know I survived the Wicked’ness of Winter up here also, I am always prepared. We give ourselves under five minutes to get out the door. We live in the land where the fires never stop burning, even in the winter (read this if you are interested). I live in the Interior and have been driven out, much like the Texans late last year and Californians are yearly. People think we live in snow and ice, but what they do not realize is the fires burn even in the deadest of winters due to this phenomena. At any rate to answer the above:
I am always prepared, be it the Ice or the Fire, we are ready to go at a moments notice. I always leave my purse by the door and before settling in I refill my 32 oz Nalgene H2O bottle, and replenish any snacks I have ate.
IN MY PURSE
- Large Cosmetic bag where I have:
- 2 weeks of medication
- Small first aid kit (band-aids, alcohol packs, Neosporin, Tylenol, Benadryl (I keep the small packets you get at gas stations), 2 epi pens (I have another in the outside pocket of my purse just in case, bee allergies) butterfly bandages and a purse sized pack of unopened tissue.
- Laminated inside (and I do make sure it is up to date)
- BOTH our NAMES under a small photo
b. Date of Birth
c. Our Blood Types
d. my allergy to codeine and bees.
e. Geoff’s allergy to asparagus (hey it could come up
f. dates of our medical surgeries, plus the location of my steel rods and pins. G
g. our medical conditions (thankfully short) with medication needed & amounts
h. immediate family/emergency contact info (home, cell & work of three each)
i. Our primary care doctor and insurance info
- 3 screw-top Glad snack carrier I have trail mix for any low blood sugar crashes, salt free peanuts and dried apricots.
- Small tool kit plus a Über Swiss Army Knife, a liner lock knife (always ready for zombies and predators), a multi-tip screw drive, a church key, a spare copy of all essential keys w/a bottle opener attached in another cosmetic bag (all Hail the Mighty Miller Vera Bradly Bag)
- Obviously my wallet which ALWAYS has an (undisclosed $ amount) for emergencies, Geoff carries one too. It also has all updated bank, insurance cards, laminated emergency info (we each carry our own), three forms of ID
- Glow sticks
OUR “I LOVE US BOOK”
- Contains all our legal paperwork, insurance info, cat vaccination and all veterinary info for her, extra passport photos, copies of our birth certificates, car paperwork (insurance, title, service info, etc), ALL our medical info in detail etc. ALL in page protectors in a three ring binder and organized. I was a military wife for 15 years I know how to be prepared for travel internationally. Plus Geoff’s passport.
4PM Wednesday – 4PM Thursday | Slake Your Thirst
from Kimberly @ The Caffeinated Book ReviewerShare your favorite drink recipe* and the cover of your favorite/most anticipated summer read!
Southern Sweet Tea
- 12 regular tea bags
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 -4 cups sugar
- 12 cups cold water
- In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.(the amount of baking soda is the same whether it is a half gallon or a full gallon)
- Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
- Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them
- Pour the tea mixture into a gallon pitcher and add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the cold water.
- Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice. (add mint leaves and lemon wedges)
JUNE 21st CHALLENGES
4PM Thursday – 4PM Friday | Wicked Title Trouble
JUNE 22nd CHALLENGES
A Sonnet to my Beach Soiree date, Luke from “Dark Isle” by Shannon Mayer
Shall I seek thee heat of a wicked dance?
While the song of fire crackles at thine back?
These winds make haste the wildness of my heart
Magic wraps in close as we reach the beach
Your hand seeks mine grasps its possession strong
Smoke and Flame release our space giving way
Mine sweet love embrace thee smoldering heat
Sweat glistens Smile bright golden chest with might
But alas your heart is not yours to give
Ancient prophets, ancient race, your soul to live
Be mine tonight tomorrow hers sweet Luke
Embrace mine gift, for this dance will be thine
The sun in hiding; the wildfire at bay
The heat of hearts for just one day of mine.
MY EXAMPLE FOR THE 4 PM CHALLEGE (my own Beach Soiree) Can be found HERE! I hope you joined in!
JUNE 23rd CHALLENGES
8AM Saturday – 8AM Sunday | Mix ‘n Match
- Below there are are five quotes and five covers!
- Match the covers with the quotes, each quote you match correctly is one entry to win a book from The Book Depository!
- Fill out the form with the correct titles!
- The form will be active for 24 hours!
I tell him, “Real.”
JUNE 23rd CHALLENGES
Midnight Saturday – Midnight Sunday | Wicked Summer Scorcher | April @ My Shelf Confessions
This may offend but I would throw on my burka with my wrap around Oakleys pull on my awesome boots, even if it is hot out at least these are pull ons and I can run in them and I may need them for other things, pull on my driving gloves and pull up the burka over nose. My three things would be my hope chest, my jewelry box, my cell phone.
AND I AM DONE.. woosh, I still have 10 more hours for the Blogathon2 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH